At Calpeda we have always had a close relationship with our clients, from providing advice on product selection through to after sales assistance.
In the case of service and repairs, in addition to our specialist department here at our Motorso headquarters, we have many authorised service centres, manned by professional, which can be contacted for technical support. (http://it.calpeda.com/distribuzione-assistenza).
There is however some basic rules you can follow to ensure that your pump is working well thus avoiding the need for technical service support:
- It is important to select the right pump for the application from the outset, taking account of all operating conditions and parameters.
- It is important that you carefully follow the instruction manual for guidance on pump installation and operation paying special attention to filling and venting the pump before starting.
- Start the pump properly having followed the sequence in the manual.
- Make sure that the pump I operating within its design characteristics and that the motor is not in an overload condition.
- It is a good idea to periodically check that there are no leaks and that the pump is not making unusual noises etc.
- Before the winter, if the pump I left outside and dormant for any period of time, it is important to empty the pump of the pumped fluid to prevent breakages due to freezing.